Monday, May 1, 2017

Must be the J Dubs

We were at a Less Actives house this week when we thought we heard someone knocking on the door. She goes "Who could that be? The Mormons are already here!! ...It must be the Jehovah Witnesses" HAH! There wasn't anyone at the door but it was still funny.

There's a Recent Convert in the branch that told us she wanted to take a break from meeting with us and coming to church which has been really hard. At my interview with President at Zone Conference, President Rogers told us to give her two weeks and then go see her. Well, two weeks would have been Wednesday but we weren't going to be in that area so we planned to go see her on Thursday. Fast forward to this week on Wednesday, we get a text from her saying she had a dream about us and church and her and her husband were going to come this week! Exactly two weeks from when our mission president told us to go see her. I truly know he is called of God and that he was able to connect to heaven and give us that timeframe. The recent convert came to church on Sunday and is letting us come over again this week! We've been praying sooo much for her lately so we were SO happy when she contacted us this week! Such a blessing. 

So that was the spiritual highlight of my week. The rest of the week was filled with laughter non stop!! I don't think I've ever laughed so much or so hard in my whole life than I have this week with Sister Hall! We've only been together for 3 weeks and yet we already read each others minds. We've finished each others sentences so many times or I'll say something and she'll be like "I was just about to say that!" It's been such a funny week. I
Other funny highlights from the week: 
-Sister Hall fell over backwards in her chair right in front of the Elders
-The Elders got to go to Connecticut for the temple and stopped at Chick Fil A on the way back and brought us some sauce👅 (not really funny, but definitely a highlight)
-Sister Hall saw 3 (mostly) naked people this week HAHAHA she's literally been cursed, it keeps happening, poor girl ðŸ˜‚
-I had an allergic reaction to something this week and my face blew up, I looked like a high Asian for a good 24 hours 
-At Stone Soup we saran wrapped the Elders car lol

The work has been super slow here lately but we are trying to focus on the joy and good things that come! We're still doing lots of service which is great because service seriously does soften peoples hearts. People are able to recognize us from serving around the community and that has been really cool. Also Novella and Ed (our 2 main progressing investigators) are still doing awesome! Novella has a date in July to be baptized and Ed is sincerely praying to know if this is the right path so for now we are all trusting in the promise in Moroni 10 that he will get his answer. I definitely know he will. One thing I love about that scripture is that is says "by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may KNOW the truth of all things." not "ye may believe" or "ye may think it's true" no. It's a promise that we can all KNOW that these things are true. That's something that I can testify of. About a year ago I turned in my mission papers, and at that time I had a firm testimony, I truly believed these things were true. But now by the power of the Holy Ghost, I KNOW these things are true. I cannot deny them or walk away from them. I am so grateful for an almighty God who answered my prayers by the Holy Ghost and helps me continue to grow my testimony. I'm grateful I get to share these precious truths with my brothers and sisters everyday in such a beautiful place! 

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

P.S. Spring is FINALLY here! The Green Mountains are BEAUTIFUL. The trees have started to bud and go green at the base of the mountains and work their way up to the top so soon all of the mountain will be green, I'm so excited to see it in full bloom!

Pics
1. Cannoliiiiiiiiiii



2. Lol my swollen eyes lolol



3. The deed




4. Sister Halls mom sent us nightgowns


💖

No comments:

Post a Comment