Monday, April 24, 2017

Death by chocolate

Hello everyone and thanks so much for the birthday wishes! Sorry I don't have too much time today but yesterday was great and I was really spoiled by the amazing people here, I'm so lucky to be in such a great place! 

Weird things happened this week. We found out that two of our investigators have actually been baptized so they're Less Actives, not investigators so that's... well that's that. 
We were able to visit a lot of other Less Actives/Recent Converts this week so that was great, I love the people of the Bennington Branch! 
We also had a good lesson with Garth where we read from the Book of Mormon and one of the guys that lives in the same trailer came and read with us so that was cool! And they said they'd both come to church next week so that's super sweet and hopefully that happens. 

We've been teaching about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost lately and it really makes me sad when people don't see the need or the urgency for them to be baptized. It gives great opportunity for us to bear our testimonies on how baptism and confirmation have helped our lives and bearing testimony always strengthens testimony. Just looking back over the last couple of years I definitely wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It truly is a gift to be able to have a member of the Godhead with us at all times as we live worthy of it. It has shaped me and my life in so many ways and it's a way that I can see what God's plan for me is. Many people we meet have the light of Christ in them and it is so evident, it makes me happy because having the gift of the Holy Ghost with us is even more apparent to people. So this week make sure you're living worthy to have the Holy Ghost with you because those around you do notice a difference. What a privilege it is to be baptized and confirmed a member of God's true and living church on the earth today. 
Have a great week, love ya!
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez


Funny story...
This week we volunteered at a nursing home and this old fart was talking to me and he was like "does your boyfriend miss ya?"
me: "what boyfriend?"
Him: "you don't have a boyfriend?! what's wrong with you?!"
and that's the story of how I got roasted by a 90 year old. 
hahah but then he recovered with "actually.. what's wrong with them?!" he was a funny, funny guy😂

Pictures: 
1. Sister Jones and Reintjes made me a cake for my bday and brought it to me at district meeting :')





2. Stephen from the library made me a chocolate mint cake for my birthday literally so blessed. it was amazing. 




3. Birthday donuts😍






4. Y'ALL I HIT HUMP DAY THIS WEEK WHAT THE HECK 




P.S. as you can see, we've had soooo much chocolate this week. It just keeps appearing SOS we're literally bout to go into a chocolate coma🍫🍫🍫

No comments:

Post a Comment