Monday, April 17, 2017

Walking Zombies



Hello everyone! I don't know what it is, but Sister Hall and I have been just exhausted this week! It comes with the nametag I guess!

This week we went on exchange with the Saratoga Springs sisters which was really fun! I met some awesome recent converts that were baptized when my trainer served in Saratoga so that was really cool! 
After exchange we went to Zone Conference which is always a good time. We talked a lot about the commitment pattern and how we can help our investigators continue to repent by extending commitments and promising them specific blessings. Being a missionary is really cool. 

Another plus this week is that the weather has been amazing! I'm so so so excited for Spring/Summer and for the mountains to get even more green! Everyone keeps saying the mountains are gonna start getting green at the bottom and then it works its way up to the top so the whole thing is gonna be green from top to bottom hopefully by next month! I'm just in awe at what a beautiful world we live in. 

Yesterday for Easter Sister Hall and I taught Gospel Principles on The Atonement. We used the 'donuts in seminary' story that I shared at my farewell (if any of y'all even remember that far back haha) it reminded me of how Christ has already overcome sin and death for us. He's there to help us through everything because He's already overcome the world. And yet some of us, like some student in the story, still leave that precious gift uneaten, or unused. My invitation is for all of you to remember Christ this week and what He's done for you personally! I promise you that as you truly seek Christ and as you come to understand what He's done and how it impacts your everyday life, you will never be the same. I know that's true for me. I love my Savior and all that He's done for me, and all that He continues to do for me! Yesterday was a great reminder of how He overcame death for us so we will all live again! 

We also spent the day with some members, the LoPiano's and the Carmacks. It was a good time with good company. I'm so grateful for members that are so willing to share their time with us and invite us into their homes. On the way home the LoPianos shared how they don't understand why some people never have the missionaries over, because missionaries are the closest thing to Christ that you can have. That was a true wake up call for me and a great reminder of just how sacred this calling is. I'm truly blessed to be able to represent Christ. 

"He is Risen" Don't forget. And don't forget to have a good week! 
Love you all!
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Funny quote for the week... Ed watched The Prophet of the Restoration movie and afterwards said "The movie was surprising. I had no idea all that happened, I thought Joseph Smith made it out to Salt Lake and lived happily ever after.. but no..." HAhahahah we just laughed and apologized for not giving him a heads up😂




Pictures: 
1. The view from the Carmacks house 
















2. Sister Holmberg and I on exchange!



















3. Sister Jones ðŸ’–



















4-6 I'm literally obsessed with Vermont and I'm never leaving okay bye














































No comments:

Post a Comment