Monday, May 15, 2017

Six month sister



That's right, we got transfer calls and ya girls are staying together in Vermont! So weird that I've lived in New York for 6 months and after this transfer I will have lived in Vermont for 6 months! I'm super excited though I know the Lord called me to stay for a reason and I'm excited to find out what that reason is. 
On Wednesday we had District Meeting in Greenwich and it was a really powerful meeting. The Zone Leaders gave an awesome training and the Spirit was so powerful. It was one of those moments that I realized how lucky I am to be a missionary. And to be surrounded by other missionaries and to feel their Spirit. We truly are the Lords servants and have been given His Spirit to further His work. The ZL's asked us why we are here. What made us come out on a mission and I thought really hard about that. Especially now at my halfway mark. Why am I here? Why did I come? And more importantly, why did I stay? I came up with a few answers but the only one that seems to be completely accurate is is Christ. He is the reason for everything. And He is absolutely the reason I'm here. It was a great way to remind me to put my focus on Christ. 

Another highlight of the week is GARTH CAME TO CHURCH!!!! Finally! Last week during weekly planning we were really confused as to how we could help Garth. We didn't know what he needed and the only thing that came to my head was that we needed to drop him. I was really scared because he's one of our only investigators and I didn't know if that was the right thing to do. I told Sister Hall and she said she felt the same way. We decided that we'd go see him one more time and see how the lesson went and then if he didn't come to church that week, we were going to put him back in the Lord's hands and give him some time. Well he cancelled our appointment this week but told us he wanted to come to church and this time he actually did!! It was awesome because he was able to talk to some members in priesthood and told them some of the concerns he had and the branch members were able to help us with that. So hopefully he'll be able to start progressing and commit to a baptism date! 

1. We didn't sticky note the elders car...



2/3. Awkward family photos




4. We bought matching VT pillows



5. MY CUTE FAM 



6. S'mores at the Vaughns: 10/10 








No comments:

Post a Comment