Monday, May 22, 2017

Miracles

Okay first off!! This week we found out that Vermont LITERALLY MEANS GREEN MOUNTAINS. 
Ver = verde, as in green
and mont = mountains
SO VERMONT = GREEN MOUNTAINS WHO'DA THUNK?! It literally blew our minds. I'm so lucky to live in such a cool place. Vermont is the best. 

Anyways, we're constantly seeing the Lord's hand in everything but this week Sister Hall and I decided to look back on each day and we were able to pin point a huge miracle from the Lord! I'd love to share one with you.

Thursday: BIGGEST MIRACLE OF MY ENTIRE MISSION. Coolest experience that I will never forget. Our appointments fell through (shocking) and we prayed for help. We needed inspiration. After we prayed, I saw a street sign pop in my head, so we went there and tried a potential that lived on that street. She was busy and didn't want to talk to us. So we get back to the car and some formers came to my head. I was like "it's 8:00 on a Thursday night, I bet they're home" on our way to their house, we hear this crazy thunder and see this crazy lightning. Sister Hall was freaking out and she was like "we need to go home" and i was like "no, it's fine, we'll be fine!" so we park down the street and it starts raining a little and we walk past this couple that's sitting outside on the porch and we talked to them as we were passing by. When we walk up to the formers I see this crazy wind start picking up so I was like "if they don't answer, we'll go home" well the former comes to the door and I'm hoping she'll take pity on us and let us inside but she just looks at us through the door and goes "sorry it's not a good night" and walks away. We walk down the driveway and the storms picking up. I look at Sister Hall and go "It's gonna downpour" and as SOON AS THE WORDS WERE OUT OF MY MOUTH THIS CRAZY RAIN JUST HITS US. We were DRENCHED in a matter of SECONDS. This hard rain and hail and winds like I've never felt before. It was INSANE! We could barley see anything in front of us. We start running back to the car and I was like there's no way we're even gonna make it to the car it's way too dangerous for us to be out here. So we're like "let's go to that porch and see if they'll let us stand there while we wait for the storm to leave" So we get to the porch and knock on the door and they see us and welcome us in and they were SO NICE! The lady recognized me bc she works at Langway, the car dealership in town, and they got us these towels (we each went through 3 haha) and we were SOAKED. From head to toe. We got their tile sooo sooo wet but they were so nice and it was a couple and her son who was our age. They had just finished eating dinner so they gave us leftovers and sat down and kept saying "Everything happens for a reason. Maybe you're here to share a message with us" so we taught them the Restoration and they were like "Wow. I had no idea." "It feels good to have church in my home" Oh my heck. It was INCREDIBLE. They said we can absolutely come back and teach them more. As soon as we finished teaching them, the storm was over and we were able to get home safely. 

I know we were in the right place at the right time because the Lord put us there. I'm SO thankful for the Lord who sends us promptings through His Spirit. I love this work and I love the gospel. 
Look for the Lords hand in your life this week because I know it's there!
Have a great week! 


P.S. Funny story... At stone soup, we were talking about allergies and a single guy (about 45) in the branch goes "I'm allergic to hot stuff" So i got up and said "Oh sorry!! I'll leave!" everyone laughed and he turned bright red.. hahahah he said he's gonna get me back so we'll see what happens 😂

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Pics: 
1. Picture doesn't even do it justice, I was SOAKED


2. We saw a fox just chillin on someone's front lawn. lol Vermont


3/4 Vermont


No comments:

Post a Comment