Monday, May 29, 2017

Mitt Romney



My testimony of the Book of Mormon continues to grow every week! The past couple of transfers I've really had the goal to use the Book of Mormon when I teach, especially to answer questions that investigators have. This week our study text for District Meeting was all about using the BoM to resolve concerns so that helped a ton! We did the study text Tuesday morning and then later Tuesday evening we were able to apply what we learned! 

So we were walking around Arlington on Tuesday just trying a bunch of different people and no one was really home. I suggested two different people we could try and Sister Hall and I decided on this one potential. Her name is Ann, I tracted into her a couple of months ago and she said we could come back and share a message with her but that she was going to be gone the whole month of April for her wedding. So we've tried her a couple of times but haven't been able to get in contact with her until Tuesday! We knocked on her door and she let us right in! She told us one of her concerns is that she doesn't understand how people can say they KNOW something is true. We talked a lot about how faith is involved in any religion but we went into the Restoration and at the end we shared Moroni 10:4-5 on how if she reads the Book of Mormon and prays with sincerity, she can KNOW that these things are true by the power of the Holy Ghost. It was really cool for us to be able to use the BoM and our testimonies to back it up. I definitely felt the Spirit and she told us we can come back and share more. It was an awesome lesson and I'm so excited to go back and teach her more! 

We also had an experience this week where we tracted into a guy that was pretty anti. He told us that he's read the Book of Mormon and doesn't agree with what we believe and how we don't believe Christ is our Savior and all of this stuff. We politely told him that of course we believe Christ is our Savior and that the Book of Mormon clearly testifies that He is. We left and I could feel my blood just boiling. The Spirit had left as soon as he opened his door and we could feel the difference without it there. I decided to read a few scriptures as we were walking away because I was really annoyed because he clearly didn't understand the Book of Mormon. So I flip open to a random page and the first scripture I read talked about how Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and salvation only comes through Him. I continued to flip through and every scripture I read was on Christ and testified of Him and His Divine mission. We laughed and were happy that we have this knowledge and that the BoM brought the Spirit back with us. I hate being without it. 

Funny quotes of the week:

Sister Hall: "I bet when Christ comes back to the Earth, Mitt Romney's gonna be second in command."

Doug: "Should I drive or walk over to your house?"
next door neighbor: "I want you to pogo stick, Doug"

Katie: *Answers her phone really sad* "hello... I was gonna say something funny but the sisters would think I'm a weirdo"
Us: "No we won't!"
Katie: "Is your refrigerator running? Better go find it" 


Pictures: 

1. Some Less Actives that we go visit breed Jack Russel Terriors and let us hold the puppies!! 




2.  Ice Cream with Vermont maple syrup 



3. Can't remember the last time I saw the sun...




4. Sister Hall: "come here" 
me: "What?"
H: "Come here!" 
Me: *sees creepy handprint on our bedroom wall* literally terrified







No comments:

Post a Comment