Monday, November 6, 2017

Rain rain go away!!

Literally everyone knows how much I hate the rain and dark skies so basically y'all already know it was a pretty tough week for me! But luckily I have Sister Solis (my new comp) to help remind me of all the little things I usually overlook as a missionary. She reminds me of a beautiful place that we're serving in, how we're here to share the Saviors love for the people, 

This week was particularly tough because we worked SO HARD! We were so obedient and so diligent and yet nothing happened. It was one of those weeks were you work harder than ever before and yet your numbers are lower than ever before. (it's a good thing it's not about the numbers and that the Lord knows our efforts) but it's still tough when you have nothing to show for it. 

So to keep me from complaining I'm gonna list a couple of the highlights/things I'm grateful for in this week: 

-Mooneys mac n cheese
-Sister Jenkins (I already miss her so much) 
-being able to find the dump so we could recycle (thanks to Vermont for drilling recycling in me)
-Halloween trunk-or-treat (and being the judges of the dessert contest #blessed)
-having 3 lessons sister Solis's first night here
-Joey saying how the Plan of Salvation "makes sense" and it matches his idea of who God is
-Brother Wood committing to coming to church this month (for the first time in 10 years)
-Jennifer💖
-Reading the Book of Mormon with the Torrences. Chara: "We can read one more chapter. We can read another one. Want to read one more?" 
-Brittany changing her life
-CHURCH (especially getting answers to prayers at church)
-Having 2 awesome lessons last night where we were able to apply what we role played earlier that day.

When I look back it really was a great week and I'm just grateful to be a servant of the Lord! I'm constantly reminded that this is about Him. I'd like to leave with my testimony that I know Jesus is the Christ. That He is our Savior and Redeemer. Life would be pointless without Him. I know Him and I love Him. 
I leave that in His name, even Jesus Christ, Amen!

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

P.S. I of course have a couple funny quotes: 

me: "This is one of my favorite scriptures"
Jennifer: "you say that about all of them" 
me: "true"

Me: *ending weekly planning prayer(which is the longest prayer)* "amen. ..... Sister Solis? Did you fall asleep?"
Solis: "Yeah... the last name I remember is Payton." hahahaha

Sister Solis: "I wrote in my journal 'missionary rule number 1: everyone and everything is weird'" 
haha welcome to New York! 

Pics: 

1. Mooney's Mac n Cheese (iconic)


2. Please excuse the terrible face I'm making but THERE'S A BYRNE DAIRY IN CORNING #BLESSED



3. my whole heart💕









No comments:

Post a Comment