Monday, October 30, 2017

"Give me a kiss!"


Me: "Is there anything we can do for you guys before we go?" 
Chara: "No I think we're good!" 
Blaze (6): "Yeah! Give me a kiss!!" Hahah he's seriously such a ladies man. 😂

Okay well big news of the day: I'm going to be training a new missionary! I'm really excited but also really nervous! Hah so if anyone has any advice be sure to send it my way cause ya girl could use some help! 

Honestly I don't even remember what else happened this week cause transfers is the only thing that has been on our minds! 

Friday was the Trunk-or-Treat which was super fun. We had 2 investigators come which was awesome! One of them is Jackie. She's a former that has been taught A LOT in the past. Her brother is a member of our branch but he's kinda Less Active. Sisters in the past have dropped her because she doesn't want to get baptized and she wouldn't keep commitments. Well a few weeks ago she called us (we had no idea who she was) but didn't leave a message. We just saw that she was a former in the phone so we called her back and she said she called us on accident but we asked if there was a time we could meet with her and she said yes! We ended up meeting with her and established our purpose and set expectations really well. And since then, she's kept commitments!! She read from the Book of Mormon!!! (something she hadn't done before!) and she came to the fall festival!!! We walked in the doors and she was the first person we saw! Her face was seriously priceless she was like "I'M HERE!!! I CAME!!!!" and we were soooo proud of her! Haha she's such a sweetheart! 

Also good news: THE AUMICKS CAME TO CHURCH AGAIN!!!! THAT'S TWO WEEKS IN A ROW!!! And they're planning on coming next week and staying all three hours! Such a miracle. I really want to help that family get baptized. They are so cool and so so close to baptism. They have a lot of obstacles to overcome but they have seen how much this gospel has blessed their family. The primary program was yesterday so you know they had to have felt the Spirit then! When the kids were talking about baptism Sister Jenkins and I were like "@ all of our investigators here" haha and Payton and her mom and her moms fiancé came to church and the fall festival! This gospel seriously blesses families so so so much. 

The primary kids sang a song called "Choose Him again" and if you haven't heard it please go look it up! It seriously was so powerful and we felt the Spirit so strong. The lyrics say how we lived in Heaven before this life and we chose God's plan and in this life we will choose Him again. Ahh it was so powerful! 

One last bit of good news: Monise from Saratoga came to church yesterday!!!! let me refresh your memory: When I was there we had a really hard time getting her to come to church because she worked and her manager wouldn't let her get work off on Sunday mornings. She is probably the most golden investigator I've ever taught she has the most powerful testimony and so much faith. So we taught her a lesson on tithing and fasting and we told her we were going to fast so that she would be able to get Sundays off and she fasted with us well... GOD IS GOOD AND THE FAST WORKED!!!! she got Sundays off and went to church yesterday and is on date to be baptized next month!!!! I am so so so happy for her. I wish more than anything I could be there, but it doesn't matter as long as she gets baptized! 

Hope you all have a good week!
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Pics: 
1/2. my mom and aunt sent me Half Birthday packages since my half bday was last Monday! Seriously the best. 
P.S. I dyed my hair but you can't really tell.. it's a lighter though and these are literally the only pics we've taken all week soooo








3. District pic



On a funny note: 

At the trunk-or-treat we saw some kids trading candy so I was like "oh are you trading candy?" and the kid looks at me and goes "Yes, we take this very seriously ma'am" HAHAHA I have never been called ma'am before in my entire life! It was seriously so funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment