Monday, October 2, 2017

Boom... Roasted



I honestly cannot believe it's already P day again! This week has gone by so fast but of course it's been a great week! 

One huge highlight was Conference of course!! It's always so weird to see Salt Lake, but it just adds to the love I have for this church! So this week we were tracting and met this guy named Ken. He listened on his doorstep to us teach him the Restoration. When we told him we have a living prophet on the earth he was amazed!! We then told him how this weekend we were having a conference to hear the leaders of the church speak to us and he was super excited and said he'd come! Well Saturday he didn't show up, we were pretty bummed. So Sunday morning before Conference we went over to his house to remind him to come. Then for the Sunday afternoon session... KEN CAME TO CONFERENCE!!!! He said he felt peaceful! It was seriously so cool. We're super excited to start teaching him more, I love love love when people actually keep commitments and do what they say they're going to do!!

We also met this girl Brittany and set her on date to be baptized next month so we're excited to help her work towards that!

Wednesday we had interviews in Elmira with President Rogers, afterwards he took us out to lunch with Sister Rogers as well so that was super fun! And they even gave us permission to go to the MALL (since we were in Elmira cause Painted Post doesn't have one) so one of the Elders could buy new shoes and so Sister Jenkins could buy a new coat, so lunch with pres and shopping all in one day aka best day ever! 

Saturday we volunteered at the wine glass marathon happening here in Corning, we got free shirts that said "Wine Glass Marathon" so that was really fun putting my nametag on next to the word "wine" hahaha probs not the most appropriate but it was good to help out! Then later that night we went and saw Joey (the guy that we taught last week with his mom) and he READ FROM THE BOOK OF MORMON!!!! He had a lot questions and we were able to help answer some. Sister Jenkins bore the most powerful testimony and promised him that if he read from the Book of Mormon everyday that he would without a doubt know that it was true. I felt the Spirit so strong. It reminded me that we have been called and set apart to do this work and represent this church and the Savior, which means when we feel prompted to promise a specific blessing, we have the authority to do it! Sister Jenkins is teaching me so much and helping me be reminded of so many simple things! I just adore her. Joey was awesome and said he would read. His mom was there egging him on and encouraging him to take the challenge! He said that sitting and talking with us was more enjoyable than any church service and it's helping him evaluate his spirituality. We are so so excited to keep teaching him!! 

A lot more happened this week but honestly I'm so tired of writing weekly emails haha it's getting old so I'll leave it at that this week! 

But I do have some funny stories for ya: 

We were out tracting and this lady answered the door, before we could even say a single word she goes "Sorry I'm putting my daughter to bed, it's not a good time. Also I'm a Born Again Christian. I'd hope to see you in Heaven but I doubt if I will" and slammed the door in our face HAHAHAHAHA IT WAS LITERALLY THE FUNNIEST THING I'VE EVER HEARD I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD. I'VE NEVER BEEN SO ROASTED IN MY LIFE. Our mouths just dropped open so wide and all we could do is laugh. Then literally the next door, this guy listened to the first vision and was super nice. He wasn't interested but he was like "I'm a Methodist, and we'll honestly see each other in Heaven" hahaha the difference between the two was so night and day. 

We also OYM'd this 15 year old boy who wouldn't stop texting us and it was the funniest thing of our lives. 

Me: "what's your favorite animal and why?"
Sis Jenkins:" A raccoon. Their tail is so cool and they have a built in mask, you can't beat that" (it's true)

We also started teaching the daughter of a Less Active who's 7, so she wants us to help prepare her daughter for baptism. He showed her a picture of Moroni burying the gold plates and asked if she knew who it was and she goes "I don't know, maybe Tom?" and all of us just started laughing hahaha she was seriously so funny the entire lesson. 

Well that's all folks, love ya lots!!
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Pics
1. Your typical German Pancakes Conference pic





2. Our friend Michael who's a double amputee and the coolest guy. He moved to Bath, NY so that was our last lesson with him


 


The rest are just pics of my fav place: New York😍











No comments:

Post a Comment