Monday, August 28, 2017

Not just a mustache

Honestly I'm so tired I can barely remember this week. Haha it flew by! 

On Thursday we had our last lesson with our investigator Karie. She moved into the Glenville sisters area, so we met the sisters there and handed her over to them! Then that night those sisters came to our apartment and stayed the night before Zone Conference on Friday! At ZC we taught about repentance, we prepared a lot for that so it went pretty well! It's cool because since we knew that's what we would be teaching on, we were able to practice it a lot in our missionary work and taught repentance a lot this week to our investigators! 

It reminds me of a couple of scriptures I'd like to share. D&C 15:6 "And now, behold, I say unto you, that the thing which will be of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people, that you may bring souls unto me, that you may rest with them in the kingdom of my Father. Amen." That's one of the scriptures that has kept me going over the past year, knowing that at this time, being on a mission is the most important thing I personally can be doing. My role is to truly teach repentance so we will all be able to return to live with our Heavenly Father again! That leads into the next scripture which is D&C 18: 10-13 which talks about how repentance is a JOYFUL process! Growing up I always thought repentance was a punishment or something shameful. Now I realize that it's a happy thing! Heavenly Father knew we would make mistakes, that's why he provided an opportunity to repent and sent His Son here to overcome sin and death for us! Repentance is part of God's plan for us and it really is a privilege, not a punishment! There are so many blessings that come from repenting, especially daily repentance. 

Another thing I learned about repentance this week is a quote from an elder in my district. He said "We can change without repenting, but we can't repent without changing" Repenting really means turning away from sin, and turning towards God, and by doing so, God changes us into someone He wants us to be! It's so incredible that we have the opportunity to repent everyday.

After Zone Conference we had the Manchester sisters come on exchange with us!! So I got to spend the day with Sister M. Hall! She's definitely been one of my favorite companions and someone I know God placed in my life for a reason. I love exchanges with these incredible sisters because I always learn so much from them. Sister Morley is a new sister to the mission and I got to work with her on Saturday. We met a woman who had no belief in God. Before we left, Sister Morley bore the sweetest testimony. She said "I want you to know that you are a daughter of God. And that He loves you and wants to hear from you anytime in prayer" Holy cow that brought the Spirit so hard! I loved how simple it was, a lot of the time I complicate the gospel, but new missionaries always remind me that it's really simple, to just bear testimony and let the Spirit truly teach.
 
Also God continues to show us His power and miracles every week! On Sunday night we needed to get 2 more investigators in order to reach the Standards of Excellence. We tracted for an hour and decided to try some potentials, formers, and part member families that were in the area we were at that night. We had been praying so hard for 2 new investigators. We went to a street and knocked on this guys door. We asked if he'd read from the Book of Mormon before and he said "Yes!" we asked what he thought of it and he said "It's true. The things in that Book really happened" WHAT?! Hahaha i was honestly at a loss for words. I didn't know how to respond to that, but we were like "Exactly!" we taught him the Restoration and he said he'd love to work towards baptism! It was incredible. Then the next door we knocked on, we taught the Restoration again and he wants to learn more as well!! God really does love us and wants to bless us and help us with our righteous desires. 

I'm so lucky to be a witness of Him and His Son. I love this gospel and the Book of Mormon, just like the guy we met, I can say I KNOW the Book of Mormon is true. That the things in that Book really did happen. It truly is another Testament that Jesus is The Christ. He's our Savior and Redeemer. He lives and loves us SO much. For that I am eternally grateful. If you aren't taking time to read from the Book of Mormon everyday, PLEASE DO SO!!! It's incredible to see the difference that it makes in our everyday lives. 

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

P.S. 
There's a guy that dresses up as Santa year round, we found his door and knocked on it HAHAHAHA when he came out we literally were at a loss of words, but he wasn't interested, but it's not everyday that you knock on Santas door!

Also we were out OYM'ing and I told this old guy that I liked his mustache and he goes "Thank you, but it's not a mustache, i have to correct you. Anyone can grow some hair on their lip and have a mustache. This right here: is a chick magnet" HAHAHAHA I LAUGHED SO HARD. HE WAS SO FUNNY. 

At a dinner appointment this week we were leaving and one of the little girls goes "It's actually a good thing that you're leaving cause now we can do something fun" Hahahaha! 

Pics:
1. Zone Conference


2. Traverse day was on Saturday, I've never seen so many people, everyone was in town for the big race and they shut our street down for the day too! Crazy stuff. 



3-4. So far I'm the only Sister in the mission that can say they've been companions with BOTH Sister Hall's, wow I'm lucky 💕




5. When your comp tries to take your pic but your religion is showing... so relatable




No comments:

Post a Comment