Monday, August 14, 2017

"We believe in miracles. We flat out do."



In relief society yesterday there was a sister who expressed how sometimes she feels uncomfortable sharing about Priesthood blessings because she doesn't want to sound crazy. Then she said "I need to remember that we believe in miracles! We flat out do!" I felt the Spirit so strong because we really do!!! Miracles happen every single day. We don't need to be shy about asking for them or talking about them because our God is a God of miracles!
 
This is going to be a little short cause I'm out of time but things are great! Transfer weeks are always crazy, we had MLC so I got to ride to Utica with Folkman and DeGoyler who both served in Manchester (and of course I was there with Folkman and Folkman was there with DeGoyler before I got there) So it was super fun to be able to talk about Vermont with them ðŸ’– Also at MLC we randomly got picked to do a role play in front of the entire MLC, hahaha that was one of the most intimidating things I've had to do yet ðŸ˜Œ but good thing DeGoyler is an incredible teacher! We'd only been comps for 24 hours at that point and yet our comp unity was on point. 

DeGoyler is awesome! I seriously love her. She's from New Mexico and only has 2 transfers left so we might stay together for those, we're not sure! But I've learned a lot from her. She's got so much faith and really pushes me to be the best that I can. I love people like that. Plus she's super funny so we're always laughing which is the best, cause "if it's not fun, it's not worth it." Right Maughany? ;) haha Since this area is so incredible we are really looking and searching for not just anyone to teach, but those that are ready. We are here to REAP! 

Also one thing I forgot to mention last week is that on Tuesday (2 weeks ago) we went to Skidmore College and taught a religions class. It was pretty small, only about 15 kids and some of them were from high school taking a summer college class. We were able to go and share why we're Mormon and why we're missionaries. It was really intimidating and they asked us some questions so of course birth control and women and the priesthood came up. But it was a chance for us to share the truth to some millennials (which is the age group we're trying to focus on) the professor emailed our mission President and told him that we did a great job, and that was such a relief! At the end we gave out pamphlets, Bibles, Copies of the Book of Mormon, and mormon.org cards. There was a Muslim girl that took a BoM and said "I'm really excited to read this" The response from her peers was "You're Muslim, you can't read that" so she said "I don't care, I'll hide it! I'm gonna read it anyways!" haha it was awesome! We're also trying to get on campus to do tabling or something so pray that that will work out!  

Anyways, Love y'all and hope you have a great week! 

xoxo

Sister Rodriguez

P.S.

"I have so many journals I just need to abridge them"
"Okay, Mormon" (We've all been missionaries for way too long hahaha) 

We were asking this 13 year old at dinner what she likes about the BoM and she goes "I don't like to talk" and we all just bust up laughing because she hadn't stopped talking the entire time we got there until we brought 
that up ðŸ˜‚
Pics: 

1. MLC




2-4 TOGA






5. RS silent auction ft the Petersons 






No comments:

Post a Comment