Monday, June 12, 2017

Simmer with ya boy Jimmer

Hello everyone!! Another wonderful week of being a servant of the Lord!! I truly love this work and this beautiful land I've been called to. This week I read a talk from the Priesthood session of Conference and Elder Bednar said something that really stuck out to me: "A missionary is not called to a place; rather he or she is called to serve." It really doesn't matter where we serve, but how we serve. I love that I have been called to serve my Heavenly Father and His children. 

The beginning of the week was suuuuper cold. We were out tracting in the rain and could literally SEE OUR BREATH, in JUNE!!! But luckily, it's warmed up a lot and is now super hot, but hey I'll take the heat any day!

This week has been pretty rough. It's interesting to see cause on the days where we come home just exhausted, are the days that we didn't have any numbers. All zeros. It's so frustrating because we are working so hard and have come home with aching feet and nothing to show for it. Something that has been in the back of my mind this week is another thought from Elder Bednar from the missionary broadcast in January. He said that success is GIVEN. It's my job as His servant to do everything I can. To be His hands and do His will. It's my job to be obedient and faithful and follow the Spirit. Then, if it's His will, success will be given. It's not something that we can demand or earn, but it is simply given if it is our Heavenly Fathers will. I'm grateful for that reminder this week and for a companion who has such a positive attitude. There hasn't been a single day the past two transfers that we haven't been constantly smiling and laughing, even on the hardest of days! So blessed to be with Sister Hall. She has seriously become one of my best friends. 

Anyways, I love Manchester, it is seriously beautiful. I love this work and this gospel! I seriously am just loving life and feel so blessed. God is SO good!! 

Have a great week!!

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Funny quotes:
"If we had Montague, we could do a fiesta"
"hey, we have Reintjes and Rodriguez, let's do it!"

old lady at the thrift shop: "If you don't have a sense of humor.. *whispers* you're just stupid" 


Pictures: 

1. Sister Hall and I ate dinner at the oldest marble quarry in the US right here in Dorset! It was so beautiful and tempting cause we just wanted to jump in


2. My trainer and I started this game, we would color in a state every time we saw the license plate and I finally finished! I've officially seen every states license plate.

 
3. We got free passes to go see The Lincoln home in Manchester and it was seriously so cool. Abe Lincolns son's summer home and it was awesome.

 
4. Lastly, Jimmer Ferdette is from Glens Falls (in our stake boundries) and his dad is the stake mission leader or something like that, we've met him and he's super cool. So we're planning this bbq for members to bring their nonmember friends to, and in District Meeting someone suggested that we have Jimmer skype in and bear his testimony on the Book of Mormon hahaha so this is the flier that the elders made ðŸ˜‚😂😂







No comments:

Post a Comment