Monday, June 19, 2017

3 states, 1 day

Hello everyone! One of the reasons why I love the East is because everything is so close! We were able to go from Vermont, through Mass, down to Connecticut on Saturday to go to the temple! Every 6 months we can go do personal worship and Sister Hall and I have been wanting to go, so we grabbed one of our favorite members from the branch and drove almost 3 hours to the new Hartford temple and it was beautiful! Also we got to stop at Chick-Fil-A and it's been almost a year since ya girls eaten there so I was pumped. 

Another highlight this week was that the Brobergs took us up to Pawlet to go help a less active member stack wood. ...oh man memories from Hamilton came flooding back! Haha it was awesome. And the drive was beautiful! It was a beautiful sunny day which we haven't had too many of those lately so that was a plus. 

Sunday was also great because of Fathers Day! I feel so lucky to have an amazing dad at home who loves and supports me in everything. I couldn't imagine my life without him or his incredible example. He is always putting the Lord first and is the most faithful person I've ever met. I strive to be like him.

After church the Clovers took us home and invited us to dinner at the Vaughns, so we were able to spend Mothers and Fathers day with them! I just adore the Bennington Branch so I was grateful to be surrounded by so many incredible people that I love. 

My mission President told me that I'll be leaving Manchester so this is my last week here. I'm excited to work hard this last week here but I'm super sad to leave Sister Hall. MY BFF. But as I've learned, 4 transfers in one area is a long time. It's good but bad because you get so used to these people and you love them so much and then have to leave after creating these relationships. Lucky for us, I know mission friends are eternal friends! I'm excited to have a change though because I for real have the entire area book memorized and have talked to 99% of the people in there. So a change will be good :) 

Oh and this week I finished the conference Ensign! One thing that really strengthens my testimony is that we have living prophets and apostles. I love love love Conference and hearing what they have to say to us today. It's something that I could never walk away from. 

Saturday night we talked to this guy who really knows his bible. We taught him the Plan of Salvation and pretty much blew his mind. He was freaking out and rocking back and forth like grabbing his head and asking where that was in the Bible. He told us he's really upset about the Book of Mormon because of what Revelations says. There are so many things we could say to him, but the best thing I've learned is to testify. I've read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover and the same Spirit that tells me the Bible is true, tells me that the Book of Mormon is true. You can't argue with a testimony. Hopefully he'll soften his heart and come to know that the BoM is true. Sister Hall said all she could think of is 2 Nephi 29 where it basically asks why are we complaining about receiving more of God's word. And it's true! Why would we not want to hear as much as God will tell us? I want to hear everything God has to say! So of course I want to listen to a living Prophet and read the standard works. I love God. and I love His word. 

Funny quotes this week:

Elder Lee (an older office missionary): I liked your "i'm trying to be like Jesus" sticker. I used that quote on my mom once but she still made me cut my hair.

Donna: "If a boy is ever too bold, you hold up your fingers and give him that cross!!"

Emily (4): Surprise!
us: what?
Emily: Our house is clean!

Pictures: 

1. Some of my fav fav fav people, the Brobergs ðŸ’•


2. CHICK-FIL-A






3.The temple!!



4. tractin'





No comments:

Post a Comment