Monday, February 6, 2017

Ice Ice Baby

The inevitable finally happened... I fell on the ice... twice... in one day 😭! I've been trying really hard not to complain about the cold, but I just have to. It is literally colder than cold here. I have finally accepted the fact that I will never be warm ever again. I honestly can't remember what it even feels like to be warm. It's so so so icy everywhere, we don't walk, we slide everywhere! The wind is definitely the worst part. It's so cold and pierces our skin! Gah I hate it! I'm soooo over winter!!!! I wear so many layers it's ridiculous but honestly I don't even care. I usually wear 2 pairs of socks, thermals and leggings (or two pairs of leggings) my huge snow boots, thermal shirt, undershirt, regular shirt, sweater, TWO coats, a hat, gloves, hand warmers, etc. That's the typical day in the life of serving in Vermont. 😂

So this week was fun, on Tuesday we went to this restaurant called Sushi Boat and got some sushi which was really good! 

On Wednesday we met with Ram again, he's from Napal, he was a former and he's been meeting with us the past two weeks. He has a really strong Catholic background so a lot of the stuff we share with him just confuses him. We were talking about how Christ is the Son of God and he got soooo confused and was like "what? what what what are you saying? Who is God?!?!? what?!" hahah we have a long ways to go with him but he's cool. 

Thursday we got to go see one of my favorite people ever, Brittni! So This was probably the highlight of my week. Because IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I swear every missionary is always talking about an experience they had when they were an answer to someones prayer, well it happened for me this week! Brittni told us the night we first met her, earlier that day she had been talking to her mom and said she just needed help. Her mom kept telling her to go back to church and then later that night we showed up at her door. She said she knew it was an answer to her prayer because she lives in a weird secluded area and there's no way we could have accidentally found her house. I'm not sure if I told the story of meeting her, but I'll share it quickly, we got these lists of Part Member families and we were out trying to meet them. We came across Brittni's name and decided to meet her. Her husband isn't a member (he's pretty anti in fact) and her kids are both baptized but inactive and so is Brittni. We go to the address from the list, and her house isn't there. So we decided to knock on a door and ask. The lady that answered said Brittni lived next door so we go over to that house and it wasn't Brittni, but it was her sister in law! And she was able to give us directions to Brittni's new house! And that night we went over there the same day that she said she needed help. While we were there the first night, she cried twice, and she cried again when we went over on Thursday. She is the sweetest person ever, I just love her already! She said she's going to ask to get work off this Sunday so she can bring her daughter to church! I'm really praying that it happens. 

Friday was also a really cool experience because during our personal studies, Sister Folkman and I just had a little breakdown. We were both just really struggling to stay positive and keep the faith and we were just having a hard time cause the area still isn't doing too well. We decided to ask Brother Vaughn if he would give us a priesthood blessing. He invited us over for dinner and gave us the most incredible blessings I've ever heard. It seriously was straight from Heavenly Father, and it was everything I needed to hear. The power of Priesthood is SO real. We are so lucky to have it on the Earth again. 

Sunday was a struggle because we totally didn't know it was the Super Bowl! We had our whole day planned out and then someone informed us about the game and we realized that would change all of our plans. So we basically OYMd for like two hours, but it was AWESOME because we met this girl Wendy and this guy Mark. They both seemed really interested and said we could come and teach them! 

Wednesday was also really cool because we had our District Meeting and we were all discussing things we needed help with and Sister Folkman and I shared how we're struggling with finding people to teach and getting return appointments and well basically everything. Our amazing Zone Leaders showed us so much love and shared with us how sometimes we can do everything right and do our best and still not see 'success' i guess. But this is a time where we just have to learn patience. Also this morning I was studying PMG and one of the scriptures is D&C 29:7 "And ye, Sister Rodriguez, are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect; for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts" It really brought peace and comfort knowing the elect are still out there. They will recognize me as a servant of the Lord and they will be ready to hear the message we share. They're definitely out there, we just have to be patient and find them. :) 

Funny stories: 

Elder Baker: "An active member of the church goes to 6,000 hours of church including activities from 0-18 years of age"
Elder younger: "That's disgusting" 

Sister Folkman randomly: "I'm pleased right now. I just feel so pleased." (that's her new word this week, pleased 😂)

Oh also, we were walking around OYMing and this car pulls up by us and it's a car full of these boys and they said they were from Argentina and like to have fun and wanted our number so Sister Folkman goes "oh yeah! We love giving out our phone number! We love teaching people about Jesus Christ!!" and the boy goes "okay. I text you." and blew us a kiss and then they drove away 😂




Sushi


We found some swings


After I fell..the second time that day


When I fell, I threw the phone and we are so lucky it landed where it did becuase it was so close to falling in?


Vermont
 



No comments:

Post a Comment