Monday, February 27, 2017

The country club of the mission

President Wirthlin (the mission president here before President Rogers) apparently called Manchester the "country club of the mission" haha it's a little true. The area is so rich, it's ridiculous!

Well, I don't have much time today because we're always rushing off somewhere! But alas, it was an alright week! Okay, so this week was one of the hardest weeks of the mission so far. I've really struggled with inadequacies and stress. Taking over the area has been something that's really hard for me. I still feel like I have no idea who half of these people are! The shoes that Sister Folkman left behind seem too big to fill. All of the sisters that have served here are INCREDIBLE and I just feel so stressed trying to keep up all the hard work they've put in. I just really want to keep the area thriving and do my best! It's been harder than I thought, but I look back on the days and just see how truly blessed we are. The Lord is taking care of us! 

This week I read "the Fourth Missionary" A talk that I've been meaning to read for forever. I finally printed a copy and read it. It has changed my whole view on missionary work and the type of missionary/person I want to be! It's all about how I can better myself and rely on the Lord and His Atonement. How because of Christ, I can change. The whole Plan of Salvation is designed in my favor. To become all that Christ wants me to become. 

A few of my favorite quotes:
"life is hard, not the gospel"
"The whole plan of salvation is designed in favor of your success"
"He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God." I have the strongest testimony that that is true! If we give everything we have to the Lord, He will make so much more out of us! 

I forgot my funny quotes book at home, but my favorite funny thing that happened is Sister Folkman bought a Justin Bieber book for $2 at the Bookstore. I'm still laughing. I LOVE HER AND MISS HER SO MUCH. 

Have a great week, thanks for all the love/support/letters/emails. God loves you and so do I!

Pictures: 
1. My adopted grandma for the selfie Sister Hoyt


2. JB




3. Last pic w Sister Folkman!








No comments:

Post a Comment