Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Jehobo Witness

So this week lacey came tracting with us again! We met a lady who didn't want to talk to us and told us that she's a Jehovah's Witness. We walked away and Lacey turns to us and goes "What's a JeHOBO Witness?" HAHA Sister Loveland and I just started cracking up!

So AWESOME WEEK! But first off, transfers are wednesday!! I will be staying in Hamilton - YAY! But sister Loveland will be leaving :( She will be going to Saratoga Springs to be a Sister Training Leader! She will be awesome. I will definitely miss her! My new companion is going to be Sister Maughan!!! I started freaking out last night when I found out because I already know her! She came on the hike to the Adirondacks with us so I've already met her and she is awesome. I am SO excited! I'm definitely nervous about adjusting to a new companion but I know we will get along great. 

So this week was super awesome because we started teaching Lacey's brother Justin! And I committed him to be baptized the end of November! So hopefully that date sticks. It has been so cool to see Lacey help us teach him! We were going over the Plan of Salvation and Lacey was talking to him and she goes "I love this plan" she didn't say it like a big deal, but to me it was. If only you guys could SEE the change this Gospel has brought to Lacey's life. It is incredible. Her testimony has grown so much even over the past few weeks! She talked to her grandma's and figured everything out, so on November 5th at 2 pm Lacey will be baptized! Her testimony is so beautiful, and being able to see how much she actually knows about the gospel is awesome! Being able to see her share it with her brother is so cool. My favorite part about lacey's testimony is that she told us whenever she has doubts or questions, she prays and Heavenly Father answers her prayers. How incredible is that? She truly sees the Lords hand in her life. I love it! I could brag about Lacey all day!!!! 

Also last week we saw Jason, one of our investigators. He's on date for February 11, 2017. He told us that when we're over, he feels something different. He has said that a few times now! We keep telling him about the Holy Ghost and how he will be able to have that feeling with him all the time once he is baptized! It's just incredible to be able to see the Gospel impact so many peoples lives. 

This weekend was Stake Conference which was great! On Saturday we went to the adult session with the Rains and afterwards they took us to 5 guys! It was sooo good. Then on Sunday we hitched a ride with the Solomons! I love the Hamilton branch so much. I'm so grateful I get to stay here for another transfer! 

Also this week we had Zone Training Meeting. We found out Sister Shulz and Sister Reintjes are both being transferred out of the Zone so I'm super sad about that! But I'm excited for them. ZTM was great as always! I never appreciated church meetings so much until I came out on my mission! Seriously they're like a breath of fresh air! Because for once, we are the ones being spiritually uplifted. We're surrounded by people that have testimonies too! Instead of facing the world where you're fighting to be heard. I just love the leaders of the Utica mission. They're so great and I always learn something new from them.

I'll leave you guys with two quick funny stories:

Sister Loveland noticed that I pee a LOT so she started keeping track of how many times I pee.. well in one week she counted 36 times!!! Hahaha 

A while ago we got some music from another sister in our district and one of the tracks is "If you could dub to Kolob" and it is SO WEIRD! Like we switch it everytime just cause it's like super weird. So it came on and Sister Loveland changes it and goes "If you could dub to Kolob? No, more like DABBING to Kolob" HAHAHA! Lacey and the boys talk about dabbing ALL THE TIME so we joke about it and she seized the perfect opportunity. 

I love you all so much and can't even tell you how much I appreciate the love and support I've received. Don't underestimate the power of an email! You guys are the best. Keep being good examples to those around you and always make sure your day is centered around Christ. 
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Pictures:

Sister Reintjes and Shulz at ZTM




Remember Prince that I told y'all about a while ago that I met on Blitz? Well this is Prince! I saw him at Stake Conference! Love him.










Our fav PAM ðŸ’ž




Chipotle after ZTM with Oneida sisters and elders!



5 guys after Stake Conference with the Rains! 



Our cute District Prom photo ðŸ˜Ž






No comments:

Post a Comment