Monday, October 31, 2016

"It blew over like a fart in church!"



Lacey's baptism is this Saturday!!! We are so excited for her! We were supposed to have her interview last week, but the Elders mixed up the time and didn't show up πŸ™ƒ so now we're super stressed trying to figure out a time to do that and get everything ready! Man this week has been crazy! But we are so excited for her. 
This week was the coolest experience. We've been trying to help Justin pray and everytime we asked him if he did, he says no. So this week we really focused on that and helping him with his concerns and then a few days ago he told us he actually prayed!! He said "It was kinda weird. I felt like I wasn't really talking to anyone. I just kinda talked... but I felt good afterwards..." I had the biggest smile on my face!! Something as simple as that just made my day. The power of prayer is real and it is so important! Justin is still working towards baptism next month and he is doing awesome!

Well this week the weather has definitely been rough. We got our first taste of snow! It lasted only a day and it wasn't too bad but still! It's been getting really cold.. I'm really nervous for this winter. It has been raining a lot and the skies are grey as usual! Which is a bummer, but oh well! 

This week my companion had a doctors appointment in Albany and so did one of the sisters from Oneida, so they went together while I spent the day with Sister Graver! Oh my word. She is the funniest person I have ever met. My cheeks were literally sore after being with her all day from laughing so hard! She's in our district and she used to be companions with my companion! We all get along super great and Sister Maughan and I are actually heading into Oneida today to go carve pumpkins with them for Halloween! It should be really fun! 
We did some tracting this week (of course!!!!) and it's so cool how people just really open up to you if you ask them the right question. Random strangers will just start telling us their life story because they know they can trust us (or they're just crazy, either way). But it is really cool to see the blessings that come from tracting and working hard. I love missionary work!!!! 

This week we spent some time at the Gangs house and Nikki made meatball subs for dinner one night JUST for me casue she knows i them them! It was so sweet! I love her so much. 

Another highlight of my week is that we got to go visit Leta. We see her every Tuesday but this time we got to go over friday night and help her with some things. She's an active member of our branch but she's housebound cause she's so sick. I absolutely adore her! We just helped make dinner and cleaned some things around the house for her. I love spending time with her! She's got the coolest stories and the best family history so we could just sit and chat for hours! 

Well sorry this letter was so lame! The work is going great and things are super busy which is awesome! I'm so grateful for the love and support you all show me! Have a great week! :) 

"The Book is blue, the church is true, and God. Is. Mormon." 

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Funny quotes/stories:

"It blew over like a fart in church!" -Keith talking about how Thanksgiving lasted for 7 minutes one year πŸ˜‚

"O. M. G. Sister Rodriguez!" -Kayden being sassy to me πŸ˜‚
"what do we do if our investigator is lesbian and in love with your companion?" "you kill them and do baptisms for the dead" -Elder Cook

It's time to crap or get off the pot!" -Steve

Pictures:

So in NY everyone just rakes their leaves to the curb and then these big sucker things come out and suck all the leaves up!






I made homemade bread last Monday and it was sooo good! But I put it in the crock pot in the oven and then accidentally melted the handle... oops!πŸ€”πŸ™†





SNOW!!





Sister Maughan got a package and her mom sent her the cutest games! This one is called "ward fish" and you have to collect all the ward members! 



She also included cute slippers!!!


HAMILTON SERIOUSLY HAS MY HEART YOU GUYS I LOVE IT SO MUCHπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•







When your companion spoils you and makes you the best meals!! (like all the time, seriously I'm so spoiled)





Our tracking selfies? (then we call Pam to come pick us up cause we were cold and exhausted and didn't want to walk home)





SOS I'm addicted to Maxwells ice cream!  Seriously its so good.








No comments:

Post a Comment