Tuesday, December 26, 2017

LIGHT (of) THE WORLD

Merry Christmas!!! This Christmas season was seriously the BEST because the entire focus was on Jesus Christ and serving others as He would. We tried hard to participate in Light the World but my favorite activities that we did weren't on the list. 

On Christmas Eve we went to a members house and watched the Nativity and read about the Saviors birth in the scriptures. We also baked cookies for our investigators and others in the area and delivered them with cards that day. There's also a family in the branch that told us they were going to cancel Christmas because they didn't have money to provide presents. We made a few phone calls, swiped our cards, and made Christmas for that family happen!! Their home teacher bought them some gifts and let us deliver them. Sister Miner and I also put together cute little stockings for each of the kids so they would have something fun for Christmas. That was such a neat experience for Heavenly Father to allow us to be the means of helping someone this season. The day this family told us they were struggling, we almost didn't go see them. They live pretty far away and I wasn't sure if we would have time to see them. But that day I felt strongly that we should go to their house, so we did. I am so glad that we did! 

It reminded me though that no matter what we have on Christmas, if we have Christ, we have more than enough. 
On Christmas Eve and Christmas we spent time in the nursing homes near us passing out presents and playing games with the seniors there and it was so much fun! 

On Christmas morning Sister Miner and I both studied the Christmas story in Luke 2 and about Christ's birth in Jesus the Christ. It was a really powerful study and helped us keep our focus on Christ. He truly is the Light of the World and I'm grateful to represent Him this Christmas season.
 
Also good news, Brittany has a super weird living situation so we weren't sure if she would be able to be baptized next month, so we called our mission president and explained the living situation and he gave us permission to baptize her!!!! We hung up the phone and danced, and hugged, and jumped around everywhere. Seriously the best Christmas present i got. haha 

Well I hope that you were all able to have a good Christmas remembering the birth of our Savior and everything that means. He truly is the reason for EVERYTHING and I love Him with everything I have. I have truly come to know and love Him more than ever these last couple of months serving His mission. I hope we can all remember Him year round. 

Love you!
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

1. classic christmas pic





2. lighting the world



3/4. We had our christmas conference this week and these are my fav pics of me and sister Hall ðŸ˜‚😂  





5. last time i'll see jenkins :( i'm cryin




6. NYUM 



No comments:

Post a Comment