Monday, July 17, 2017

Potato Chip Fest



t's Saturday morning and the Elders call to give us some valuable information. They told us that there was going to be a potato chip festival in Saratoga Springs that day!! Hahah so Sister Park and I combined our lunch and dinner break to go to this thing. It was so fun! We waited in line for like an hour but we got like 12 bags of chips and Sister Park and I both won free shirts and bags!! haha so worth it. 😂 We just got to go around and sample all of these chips and stuff, it was so fun!

Anyways, this week we were blessed big time! There's this lady named Gloria that is visiting our area. She lives in Mississippi but met the missionaries when she was here last year. She's here visiting for over a month and then she'll go back to Mississippi but she wants to move here next year. She is SO prepared! She wants to get baptized while she's here! We went over the baptismal interview questions with her and she is seriously so solid. We're helping her prepare to be baptized on the 5th of August! Also, our investigator Karie had her baptism interview this week and she passed!!! So she will also be getting baptized on August 5th! We are so excited for her!! 

Thursday we had Zone Conference which was awesome. We did a training on tracting approaches and how to make it fun. At the end we had the AP's give a demonstration on doing a rap as your door approach 😂 it was super fun! After that we had the MANCHESTER SISTERS come for exchange! It was so much fun to see Sister Hall!! We had an awesome night where we taught the Restoration to this couple and picked them up as new investigators and we also taught the Plan of Salvation to one of our investigators. Sister Hall and I were like "We've taught more lessons tonight than we did our whole time together in Manchester" haha okay maybe not that extreme but it was fun for us to teach with each other again! On Friday I got to work with Sister Miner which was super fun because she's a brand new missionary! It was one of my favorite exchanges that I've been on! (also one of the most nerve wracking cause I still get lost in this area and had to be separated from Sis Park, but don't fret, we made it everywhere safely!) 

One of the things that the brethren asked mission presidents to instruct us to focus on is teaching younger people between the ages of 9-30. This is something that Sister Park and I have really been trying to do. We found this girl named Monise who met with sisters in the past and seems so ready for the gospel at this time in her life! She really wants to know more about God's plan for her and about the Book of Mormon. I'm super excited to teach her more! 

This area is seriously so incredible. Sister Park and I are so grateful to be here. Everyday we can notice how God is so merciful to us and how much He really loves and blesses us. I'm so lucky to have Sister Park as a companion! It's really fun cause we've been out the same amount of time so we can kinda relate to each other in ways we can't relate to with anyone else. She's a huge blessing and great example to me. Honestly just so blessed. I love this area, my companion, the people we teach, and the weather is finally starting to really heat up! I love it! 

God is good. 

P.S. Our investigator: "I got style! I got swag! I don't even know what that is but I got it!" 

Pics:

1. Our free t shirts that we won!




2. LOOK AT ALL THESE CHIPS WE GOT 



3/4 potato chip fest




5. Manchester exchange


6. Half the missionaries left before this pic was taken, but here's our mini zone picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment