Monday, July 24, 2017

Mormon life = Mormon wife

Hello and Happy Pioneer Day!! Sis Park mentioned that was today and I was like "Oh no do you think the library will be open?" and she goes "You're not in Utah anymore" haha I forgot for a sec!

Anyways it was a really good week!! Sis Park and I are forreals blessed. We have the best area. It is just booming, it's incredible. Saratoga is famous for all of the horse races in the summer, which started this week so the town is POPPIN! There are SO many people it's insane! 

There are so many people here that are searching for the truth it's awesome. We picked up a couple of new investigators this week. A lot of them had questions that we were able to answer through the Book of Mormon. That is something I've been working really hard at, to use the BOM to answer their questions, instead of my own knowledge. The studying has definitely been paying off (and PMG too, forreals) A cool experience we had with this was with an investigator (more like eternigator) she has the question "why does God let bad things happen to good people? Why doesn't He just wave His magic wand and make it all better" The Spirit immediately brought the story in Alma 42 to my head. We read that story with her and it gave her a lot to think about. It was cool to see how we related her question to the story in Alma and how interested she was to see how the Book of Mormon answered her question. She committed to reading the BoM looking for answers to her questions. 
Thursday we had the Hudson Falls sisters come with us for exchange so that was fun! It's always so stressful because we spend a lot of time planning for it and then things always end up falling through, but it's cool because that's when we know Heavenly Father needs us somewhere else! Even though our plans fell through, we were able to see a lot of success and talk to a lot of really cool people! 

Friday night we went to visit our investigator Karie who is in the hospital. We went after visiting hours, but since we have our nametags we can literally get in anywhere ðŸ˜‚ it's sad cause Karie hasn't been coming to church so we have to push her baptism date back :( but we definitely have faith she'll make it soon!
 
Saturday we volunteered at a race going on in Saratoga that we had to be at at 5:30 am. Ya girl was not happy. But it's all good. It was really fun to help out! 

Miracle story... We had an appointment that Sister Park set up on exchange while she was with another sister. The apt was set for Sunday night in the Elders area. Well sometime on Saturday Sister Park lost her planner. We looked EVERYWHERE and could not find it. We said so many prayers and called so many people asking if they'd seen it at their house. We were stressin cause it had this guys address and phone number, it wasn't in my planner cause she met him while on exchange. We had no way of finding this guy or telling him that we couldn't make it cause we didn't have his number! Sunday comes along and we are still searching frantically and it's about time to leave for this appointment. I asked if Sis Park remembered the name of the apartment complex he lived in and she said "I know it starts with a 'B'" hahah that's a start! so we ran to the church and searched apartment complexes in Ballston Spa that start with a B! And we found it!! She was like "I'm pretty sure it's this one!" So we race over there. She' like "it's apt. 26 J I'm pretty sure" Well there was no way that there were 26 apartments in building J, it was just way too small. So we park anyways, determined to find this guy. We say a prayer and get our stuff ready to get out of the car when I look up. I was like "this guy is just staring at us" when Sister Park opens her door and goes "are you Angel?" this guy goes "yes!" the only words out of my mouth were "No way" He told us he'd been waiting for us all day and the only reason he was outside is because his daughter had just barely texted him saying she was outside. He was like "I came outside to look for her but she's not out here, but that's when i saw you two!" God is so good. He helps us out sooo much despite our imperfections. We also found out his apartment number is not 26 hahah without God we definitely would not have found this guy. It was a huge miracle to find him! 

Well that's about it folks. Hope y'all have a great week!

xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

P.S.
me: "Gio keeps saying he wants us to find him a Mormon wife. I just want to be like, 'look, if you want a Mormon wife, you gotta-'"
Sis Park: "life the Mormon life!!"

"Do you ever have those really long and hard days where you're just done? And you think 'I could hit by a truck right now. I could go home and it would still be an honorable release'" 

Gio: "I have 992 phone numbers" 

Sis Park: "Ya know New York makes my heart happy and I never thought I'd say that"

Sis Park: "The 42 points are NOT like riding a bike.. it's like climbing a cliff" 

Me: "maybe I should go to BYU.... excuse me I need to go wash my mouth out" 

"I was dropped on my head as a baby"
"is it rude to laugh at that?" 

Random lady at the food pantry: "Don't give up on marijuana when it doesn't work the first time" 


Pics!
1. Hudson Falls Sisters



2. Best meal appointment ever.




3. Sister Park and I have the worst Stewarts addiction ever. I can't even tell you how many times we've had Stewarts ice cream this week. ... okay. It's 6. We've had Stewarts ice cream 6 times this week. ðŸ˜‚






No comments:

Post a Comment