Monday, March 27, 2017

"I LOVE JESUS"



Hello everyone! Another week down, and I can't believe it! 

We tract from 6-7 every night. Lately we've been getting in the car at 6 and looking at the gps or driving around trying to find somewhere to tract. By the time we would find a good place, it would be 6:20-6:30. I felt so terrible and just like we were wasting time. We decided that we should start pre picking places to tract while we do our planning and that way we will be more effective! I can't even tell you how many blessings we've seen from doing that. But I'll tell you two of them. We decided to tract 'Joy lane' one night. We get there and there are only 2 houses there (good thing we also planned for backup tracting places 😉) so we knock on this guys door and he's really just not interested, right before he shuts the door I do the typical "do you know anyone in the area that could use some service or any uplifting message?" (I'm pretty sure I've said that sentence more than any other phrase in my entire life, we try to ask literally EVERYONE for referrals.) Usually people respond with "ummm, everyone" or "not really" but this guy goes "actually yeah, my son would listen to you guys allll day. He loves this stuff." and he gives us his sons name and address and sent us on our way. We wrote down his information and continued tracting on our backup street. Later that night, our appointments fell through and we decided we would go contact this referral! So we knock on this guys door and he answers, he looks at my nametag and his eyes get HUGE and he goes "JESUS, I. LOVE. JESUS!!!" This guy was awesome! He's read the Bible three times and just really loves Christ. So we were able to teach him the Restoration and give him a Book of Mormon. He told us he'd love to hear more of our message and that he's gonna find out if it's true or not. It was awesome!

Then yesterday when we were tracting, we met this guy and he told us he didn't live at the house we knocked on but that he knew sisters in the past, I asked him what his name was and it turns out he's a former that we've been trying to get in contact with! He told us that we could come by and share more with him.  

This week my testimony was really strengthened that the Lord blesses us for our preparation. 

We also had an awesome fireside with the youth in our branch last night! And we got Baylie and Kylie to come with us!! (Brittni's daughter and her friend) they're both less active but we're really trying to get them to come back and the fact that they came last night was a huge step. They're the cutest girls! 

Finally I am SO excited for General Conference!! The womens session was awesome and I learned lots. I would love to encourage all of you to go into conference with a question. I truly know that if you have a question for Heavenly Father that you want answered, He WILL answer it through conference somehow. Be aware of the things being shared and the way you feel. I have my questions written down and I'm excited to see what Heavenly Father will teach me this weekend. 

Thanks for all of the love and support! Have a great week💖
xoxo
Sister Rodriguez

Lady outside of Resale: "are you guys doing community service?"
Sister Ferrin: "No, we just do service... around.. the ... community..." 
HAHAHA still laughin about that one.

Ed: "It's aight dawg.... okay I'm sorry I tried to be ghetto and it didn't work" 

Larry: "he had a bunch of wives.. what kind of Mormon was he?" 
Elder Baker: "an ex communicated one" 

Pictures: 

1. Simple answer: The Book of Mormon




2/3. Two of my favorite places in one day





4/5. I held little chickies TWICE this week💖🐥🐤🐣 (my fav Brittni is in the second one) 



6. Manchester💓













No comments:

Post a Comment