Monday, January 2, 2017

NYE in NY 2017

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!!! I can't believe it's already 2017... It's crazy to think that I came out halfway through 2016 and now it's already 2017... so crazy! Also, this Friday marks 6 months of being a missionary! WHAT?! So crazy! 

Well, this week was good and bad. 
Last Monday we found out that my dear friend Leta Card passed away. We used to visit her every Tuesday and we had church at her house (when we were 'pioneers' for a day). Eventually she got so sick that we couldn't go over and visit her anymore but the visits that we did have (every Tuesday for almost 4 months) meant SO much to me! I love Leta soo much. On Thursday we attended her funeral and it was a beautiful service in Norwich. I am SO grateful for the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation. I know exactly where Leta is, and I know she is happy there. I cannot wait to see her again! 

Also this week we had a snow day. We were supposed to go to New Hartford on Friday for our exchange with our STL's. We get halfway there and the roads were just too bad that President told us to just turn around and go home. SO we did. Well, we turned up a big hill and yup, got stuck. Luckily a mini van came and tried to pull us out! ... with no luck.  But THEN a big truck came! And he was able to get us unstuck! And he called a snow plow to come and clear that hill for us so we were able to get home safely! So we made it halfway to New Hartford and back in about 2 hours (it only takes 30 minutes to get to NH so you can imagine how big of a mess the roads were). I LOVE WINTER IN NEW YORK (can you sense my sarcasm?) just kidding. I really do love New York! 

I hope you all had a good time celebrating the New Year! We went over to the gangs and had some pizza, and lessons with Trevor and Kaydon, Lacey, and then Nikki and Keith as well. It was fun! Then we came home and went to bed at 10:30 haha pretty lame! But it was a good day. So I'm sure most of you have seen my posts on Facebook, but if you haven't, you should check it out! As part of my New Year Resolutions, I've decided to read the Book of Mormon in 28 days!!!! Sister Maughan and I have been talking the past few weeks about how lame the months of January and February are (not to mention how COLD) so in order to brighten it up a bit, we will be reading about 18 pages of the BOM everyday. It takes about 30-60 minutes and it is AMAZING! I love it sooo much. It's a great way to just get completely wrapped up in the BOM. President and Sister Rogers invited us to read the BOM before Easter and do a certain study of it, so my study is going to be Christ (of course!) So I have a pink highlighter and everytime the Book mentions something about Christ, I mark it up. (What I've read is already almost completely pink) Another goal I have is to keep the "Christmas" (or Christ) Spirit around all year round! I have so much love for my Savior and everything He has done for me. I love thinking about Him and being able to talk about Him everyday. So we have the goal of keeping our thoughts and actions focused on Christ. 
I would like to invite you all to add the Book of Mormon to your New Year Resolutions! I would love it if you did it in 28 days (I know that's a lot) but if you can't do it, then just somehow make a goal involved with the Book of Mormon. It truly is God's word and we should read it every chance we get! 

I love you all so much and hope 2017 is a good year for you! ðŸ’“


Funny quotes:

Maughan: *reading BOM* "Man! Moroni is just droppin dueces over here!!" 
Me: "Do you know what that means?"
Her: "no.... well... poop, right?"
Me: "yup."

Cory: "Sarah! You didn't bring your scriptures? You've already ruined 2017."

Maughan: "You know the ball doesn't drop all the way to the ground right? it's actually kinda lame"
Trevor: "It doesn't drop to the ground?"
M: "No."
T: *whispers* ".....Then why does every kiss?"

This week, Sister Maughan kept saying "your turn" for our nightly comp prayers and got me to say it 5 out of 7 days this week and I just barely caught on last night! Hahahah she keeps me on my toes! 

HAHAHAHAHAH this is pretty gross... but on NYE, Lacey was chugging her Root Beer and then burped so big that she puked HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE HER SO MUCH


Picture: 

1. I got 4 McDonalds giftcards for Christmas... if that doesn't describe me, idk what does



2. Comp facial masks💆💅



3. Sister Maughan caught a pic of me cuttin up deer with the gang! Haha Nikki was like "your mom isn't gonna believe you did this!" Alex got me a big t shirt and Nick got me a knife, and I got to cuttin!





No comments:

Post a Comment