Monday, November 28, 2016

Chick Chick Chick Chick Chicken wing!!

Hello everyone! Wow, looking back and thinking about what I wanted to write about, I realize this has been an awesome week! Also, great news.... I will be staying in Hamilton another transfer with Sister Maughan!!! YAY!!!!

Monday: We had to stay in all night because it was so snowy and the roads were really bad! We called our investigators we were going to come see and they told us to stay home. We were kinda bummed but it was nice to stay in. At the end of the night we made hot chocolate, painted our nails, and watched a movie! I love Sister Muaghan!!! 

Wednesday: After District Meeting, we went to Oliveri's for pizza with Graver and Christenson (the Oneida sisters) which was really fun! Have I mentioned that I'm gonna come home weighing like 300 pounds because of NY pizza? Worth it. 
Also on Wednesday we went out to Madison and focused on finding. We were able to place two copies of the Book of Mormon! I love tracting with a BOM in my hand because it's so special. I decided at this specific house (okay, trailer) I would use it as my approach. I just started talking and testifying of the Book and then I extended it to her and invited her to read it. And she said YES!!! Not gonna lie, I was pretty taken back by that. I've placed many copies of the Book of Mormon before but normally everyone says no. I asked her if it would be alright if we came back another time to discuss what she has read and she said YES AGAIN! I walked away and was like "what just happened? That never happens." Haha it was awesome! It seriously is so amazing knowing that she now has the fullness of the Gospel in her home. After tracting, we went home and started making dinner when Lacey called! She asked if we could have a phone lesson where we read from the Book of Mormon with her! We were like "umm yes of course we can!!!" Seriously you guys, Lacey is amazing. We were like "who does that? Who calls the missionaries and asks them if we can have a lesson?" Well, Lacey does! I just love her. 
So then that night at Coordination, we got a phone call from the Fayetville sisters (my girl sister Park ðŸ’“)  saying that one of their investigators who is on date to be baptized, just moved into our area!! So we just got a new gator who is already on date! Sister Maughan said "it goes to show that you don't find people when you tract, but when you tract you find people" I loved that!! A lot of the times we don't see success from tracting but we definitely know that obedience to that brings blessings. So cool! Such a great day.

Thursday: THANKSGIVING!!!! In the morning we had a lesson with two of our investigators that went well. We also went over to another one of our investigators house and helped her clean. Her... boyfriend I guess just passed away. She is 59 and he was 93 and she was his home health nurse and they fell in love and he passed away a few months ago and she is really lonely and has a really hard time lately. So we went over to help her clean and organize the house because she has to move out soon. It was good to spend some time with her! Then of course, we went to the gangs!!!! I remember looking around and seeing all these people that I love so much. I seriously consider them to be family. I turned to Sister Maughan and I was like "My heart is really happy" I just felt so peaceful at that moment. It was great. Sometimes I feel like I've been in Hamilton my whole life! I love the people here SO MUCH!!! But of course, something crazy had to happen! Well the boys went hunting before dinner and Travis ended up getting lost in the cold and so Nikki and Keith had to leave to go find him! So dinner started an hour late but everyone is okay! I though it was funny just cause we knew something was going to make the dinner run.. well not smooth. Ha! 
Oh also I had chicken wing dip for the first time. 10/10. So good.

Friday: We had exchanges with our New Hartford STL's! It was really fun! We ended up having dinner at President and Sister Roger's house! It was kinda awkward but really fun. The Sisters were like "what do we do? Do we leave a spiritual thought? I mean, it's PRESIDENT! What does he need to hear?!" So they ended up sharing a thought about enduring to the end. It was good. And dinner was fun! I love love LOVE the Rogers. They take such good care of us and they are the sweetest ever.


Sunday: There was no Sunday School teacher for the primary kids so they BEGGED the president to let us teach them! Haha so we taught the primary kids about Mormon and it was really fun. I love those kids. They were like "when are transfers?" "Wednesday. We find out if we leave tonight" them: "Sister Rodriguez! You have to stay!! If they tell you you're leaving just say 'no. I'm staying in Hamilton!!!'" Haha it was really cute and made me feel really good. You guys can see why I love Hamilton SO much!!


Elder Stevenson: "Heavenly Father's generous compensation for living in perilous times is that we also live in the fullness of times" Wow I love that quote!! I read it this morning and had to share it. 

Funny:

Sorry my email is super long this week, I'll just share one quick funny story:

Sister Maughan thinks it's hilarious to try to prank me! So this week she decided while I was in the shower that she would put clear tape right where my head would be and then fill tons of cups up with water so I would run out and knock everything over and run into the tape! Well, it didn't work. Hahaha I just sat there trying to figure out what was going on cause I didn't have my glasses/contacts haha it was so funny! I am so excited to spend 6 more weeks with her!

Pictures:


1. Nikki (from the Gang) and I at Thanksgiving ðŸ’–
2. Thanksgiving in one picture:



3. Finally snuck a selfie with Justin!



4. Sister Maughan trying to prank me ðŸ˜‚ but we only have like 8 cups in our whole house... 


5. "I'm Grateful for..." posters with Jessica Carroll and her kids Kaiden and Logan in the corner :) 



Love you all and hope you had a great Thanksgiving! 
Xoxo
Gospel Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment