Monday, July 25, 2016

I can even get you McDonalds

So this quote is from The Longest Yard where Thomas and I were talking about how I'm gonna find someone in the MTC that can get me McDonalds and I found someone that can get me taco bell! Hahahah one of the elders in my district is from Provo and lives like 5 minutes away so he emails his friends (they're not exactly the most obedient elders but we love them anyways) their orders and his friends drop it off at the gates, they got caught one night but didn't get in trouble haha it was super funny. Also him and his companion left this morning and then tonight for dinner we got TACO BELL hahah sis campbell and i laughed so hard cause it was karma since he had been begging for Taco Bell and we finally got it right after he left. 

So since Stucki and Moody left this morning, last night we had the elders give us blessings. I asked Elder Haycock and he gave me the coolest blessing! It was a blessing of comfort so i would be okay with saying goodbye and starting my journey in Utica! I can't believe my time in the MTC is already up. I love it here SO MUCH everyday has been incredible. I've loved every single second (except for the mattresses cause they are the WORST) but everything is so great! I'm nervous to get out into the real world. We are so sheltered here. Like a few days ago we were outside and i was on the fence just staring out and this worker at the MTC was on the outside walking past and i was like "hi.. just gotta get a look at the outside world" and she turned around and started laughing so hard haha

Last week our investigator Bri was telling us about the Pokemon game everyone is playing and i literally thought she was joking. Like i thought she just made it up and was trying to see how far she could string along these sheltered missionaries hahaha but apparently it's true! Honestly things like that and social media and cell phones don't matter at all. I can't even believe how much i've changed. Things i thought mattered at home are the least of my worries. I LOVE IT HERE I DON"T WANT TO LEAVE EVER! 

Also the Elders in my district are so amazing. Saying goodbye is so hard. That's the worst part about leaving. We're all so close, we're family, i'm not even kidding. All of them are spiritual giants. A few days ago we had a huge heart to heart. Everyone says there's something special about sisters but honestly that's just because they've never seen elders open up completely. If elders were as spiritual as often as they were that night, the whole world would be baptized. 

Leah has definitely been the hardest part about the MTC. I've never had so many doubts about my religion because she brought up some really good points in our 'lessons' since they're not really lessons idk what to call them. But all we did was talk to her and help her and love her. As soon as we left the room all my doubts were gone and I absolutely know this church is true. It's just hard when you feel like you're being attacked when you know you're doing the right thing. But she is truly amazing. If people understood her and took the time to get to know her, they'd absolutely love her like I do. 

I know there's no such thing as a coincidence. Things just so happened to work out that we were her missionaries and that Leah knew our teacher sister haws (long story short) Leah really needed some service this week because of her RA (some sort of arthritis i don't remember what it's called) and sister haws was able to go help her and Leah wouldn't have gotten that help if we weren't her missionaries! She also ate dinner with us in the cafeteria one night which is HUGE because she's afraid of mormons! (wow leah is really hard to explain-she's so frustrating but i love her) well my next email will be from UTICA! Thanks for all the support, i love you all and keep praying for me because i can truly feel those prayers!

xoxo

gospel girl

FUNNY QUOTES:

the first one is proverbs 21:19 (just look it up) the elders are obsessed with finding scriptures like this and making fun of us hahaha

Elder Haycock: "i'm going back to the dorms. you can't change my mind. Justin (his first name) 1:3 'a man set in his mind is like a brick in the oven, hot and dangerous" 

Haycock:"what do you get when you cross LSD and LDS? a high priest" (hahah that's a grandpa joke)

Stucki: "Have you every looked up at God and been like 'you savage'?"

Leah: "we just got hit by a spiritual Semi!"

Me: "he thinks chick fil a is CHEAP fast food" sis gardner: "THAT JERK"

Sis hall: "when i die i want to be buried in this. bury me in hot pockets.... you should write that down" HAHA everyone is just being funny now so they can make it into my quote book so no one is being genuinely funny anymore! I'm just kidding, they're all hilarious, idk what i'm going to do when i get to New York and don't have elder haycock making me laugh all the time!


so this one requires a little bit of background, our branch president is a little crazy. and he is amazing at scripture mastery! like during meetings or lessons, he will write on the board scriptures that come to his mind, like 20+ scriptures and they will ALL relate to the topic it's crazy! But anyways we all have to prepare 5 minute sacrament talks and they call on you spur of the moment but they always call on the departing district so we knew it was going to be us but i didn't really prepare anything bc didn't think i'd get called on and then the branch president talked to our elders and they all turned around and looked at me and told me it was going to me and i thought they were joking but they werent! ahhh oh well it went fine! but that's not the funny story. SO in class elder haycock was like "if he asks me i'll just say 'Alma 11:29' and then sit down since he knows all the scriptures" (look up the scripture cause it's really funny! and then he did this hilarious laugh that Pres Laney does you just have to hear it hahaha but yeah those are the funny stories for this week and stay tuned for pictures! :)















No comments:

Post a Comment