Monday, September 12, 2016

I've learned to pray with one eye open

So this weeks explanation of my subject line comes from my companion! We were going to visit Millie, a 10 year old Recent Convert, and we were praying in our car before we went in for the lesson and Millie had snuck out of the house and jumps out at us but we knew she was there! She's done that before so my companion goes "Because of you, I've learned to pray with one eye open" haha it was funny! We had so much fun at our lesson though. We talked about missionary work with her and we went on "splits" so she was my companion! We did a door approach and then taught Sister Loveland a lesson. Afterwards, we switched and I was the investigator! They were teaching me about tithing and Millie goes "I forgot what to say.." and sister loveland goes "follow the spirit" so Millie goes "Oh! Follow the spirit!" to me. HAHAH we were like "no! As a missionary, you have to follow the spirit in order to know what to say, you don't say 'follow the spirit'" haha it was so cute, we had a lot of fun!

Well last week after our hike, we were in Utica. My comp and I both were a little sad after emailing so while we were driving home, Sister Loveland stops and goes "we're making a pit stop" and stopped at Target for me!! She is the sweetest. Whenever I'm having a bad day, she knows exactly how to cheer me up. She knows how much I love Target so we stopped there and did some shopping and then we even went to TJ MAXX!!! Ahh I loved it. 

Being in Hamilton is great, but there is literally NO WHERE to shop, it's a struggle.

So it was another great week! One of our investigators thinks we're nuns so that's always fun, Edna May (part of the gang) had her baby! She is so cute so that house has been so fun this week. Also I did more farm work!!! We helped Keith with cutting wood this week, we even did it TWICE! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't like farm work but I love giving service so It all works out.

We also did a lot of crafts this week! With the gang we made scripture cases for our BOMs which turned out SO CUTE! I'll have to take a picture this week of all of them to show you all. 

So I'm pretty sure I mentioned how hard the Spirit is working on the gang. Jessica (Keiths cousin) read with us and wanted us to come teach her kids, so we have been going over there and OH MY they are the CUTEST! This one little boy is 4 and his name is Rhonald and he always gives me hugs and tells me "I'll miss you!! I love you!!" It is so cute! So with them we made a prayer poster that has a sandwich and shows them how to pray so they can remember to say their prayers! We decorated it, my comp has a picture so I'll see if I can send it to y'all. 

Also last night we were reading with the gang and Jessica (Lacey's mom) (there are so many Jessicas in that family hahaha) sat down with us to read!!! She said since she read with us she now wants her own scripture case and Book! THE POWER OF THE BOOK OF MORMON IS REAL!!! 

Lacey's baptism date was scheduled for the 10th but her mom doesn't think she's ready yet so we're trying to find another date when her mom feels she will be ready. I'm so excited for Lacey! She read from the Book of Mormon everyday, her prayers are so sincere, she has come a long way and really desires to follow the Commandments. I JUST LOVE THE GANG! They are seriously like family to me. They are so sweet and protective of us. If someone in the house swears, we immediately hear "SHUT YOUR MOUTH, THE SISTERS ARE HERE" even though everyone in that house swears, even the people that do swear will tell someone else to stop swearing if we're around. Ahh They're so great. A highlight of my week was probably eating dinner at their house this week. We had BLT's with fresh bacon! it was 10/10. Also tonight, they're feeding us venison (deer meat) because I've never had it, but apparently it's super good so I'm excited! I am so lucky we get to stay in Hamilton for another transfer, I love it here!

My favorite funny story of the week happened yesterday and I have not been able to stop laughing since. So, my comp and I are sitting at our desks and I realized that I bought the wrong brand of Highlighters and so I'm telling sister Loveland this and she goes "well let me see this one" (one that i got from the MTC) and she goes "Oh, it's flower scented!" and smells it. and then goes "it doesn't smell like flowers. Plus they spelled flower wrong" so I look at the highlighter and just bust up laughing. My companion was just looking at me so confused because I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get any words out. The marker said "FLUORESCENT" NOT FLOWER SCENT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I still am laughing about it. But yeah that's my funny story for the week! Well I love you all and I appreciate all the love and support. This is Christ's true church. I absolutely know it. 

LOVE Y'ALL
XOXO
GOSPEL GIRL 

SHOPPING





Trevor and Nick (they're the kids of the gang, we bribed them with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to sit down 
for a lesson with us and they went CRAZY!)



We stopped at this cute lake for some pics :)



My cute little companion, Sister Millie



Kaydon and Nick



Our Districts awkward family photo :)



The cute lil Library in Morrisville





Keith (in the background - the dad of the gang) let us feed his cows after we helped with wood! Hahahahha the cows tongue kills me everytime I look at it




Jessica's kids with their prayer poster! One of my favorite parts about being a missionary is when we get to teach kids. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment